Spiritual Life Commission
The Spiritual Life Commission of Christ the King Cathedral exists to promote various forms of spiritual enrichment to parishioners. The commission helps parishioners understand the spirituality of stewardship by discovering their gifts and talents. A special concern of the commission is support for inactive Catholics through programs of evangelization.
- The commission meets on the third Monday of each month in the Monsignor Comiskey room to:
- Coordinate days of reflection, spiritual enrichment programs and retreats for men, women, and couples.
- Promote the spirituality of stewardship throughout the parish.
- Promote parish evangelization and outreach efforts.
- Promote the spirituality of prayer through Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, Holy Hours, Saint Monica Ministry, Prayer Line and other programs.
- Promote vocations to religious life, the diaconate, and priesthood.
- Promote marriage and family enrichment programs
- Promote parish participation in diocesan spiritual, vocations and marriage and family life programs, retreats and movements.
If you or a loved one need prayer, please let us know. we want to help you with prayer. For legal reasons prayers must be made by the family of the individual needing prayers or the individuals themselves. Requests for prayers may be made verbally or in writing. Please call Lupe Mora 368-3289 to place someone on the Prayer Line. If your gift is intercessory prayer, please join the members of the Prayer Line on Wednesday morning at 9:15 a.m. to pray the Rosary for those listed on the Prayer Line and in the Parish Book of Intercessions.
The Rosary is the root and storehouse of many blessings. All are invited to pray the Rosary Monday-Friday at 7:30 a.m. between the two morning Masses in the Cathedral worship space. A group also prays the Rosary on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. in the Parlor and Saturdays at 5 p.m. prior to the 5:30 p.m. Mass.
Wish to deepen your relationship with the Lord through Spiritual Direction? Spiritual direction is a “gathering together” of two in the name of Jesus, the spiritual director and the directee, to help the directee to develop a closer relationship with God and to better discern how the Holy Spirit is leading in their life. At Christ the King Cathedral, we have several people who can provide spiritual direction to anyone seeking a closer relationship with the Lord. For more information contact the parish office at 792-6168.